Contraer
X
  • Filtro
  • Tiempo
  • Ver
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Good RuneScape gaming experience with participating and modern

You know why: cash. The RS gold fact of the matter is, important content updates take a shitload of effort and usually don't make a whole lot of money. Comparatively, a small event with buyable money doesn't require much work and brings in a shitload of cash.

Just take this current Traveling Artisan event. Let us say it took a group of 10 (devs+art+QA+PM) about a month to make it (I can't imagine it taking a whole lot more than that). It costs about $40 in bonds to purchase all the cosmetics, and that is not including leveling up the artisan, IDK how that math works out but skimming the numbers it would most likely be at least twice that, so let us say $80. That means just ~1000 gamers need to pay for this event in order for it to be profitable, and that's not even such as the sharks who will purchase everything and a dozen of each of the consumables, or even the many more who will set a couple of bonds to it but not go all-in.

For comparison, take Desperate Measures. It was officially declared about 3 months before release, so you know it had been in development years before that. It brought new resources, narrative development, etc.. Most likely this would have been several months of development with rather a huge group, but just to prove the point, let us say it costs exactly the same as the Artisan event to develop this quest. Contrary to the previous case, it costs nothing for present members to engage this content. The only way this makes money is when people return to the game and resubscribe to perform this. At $11/month for membership, you'd need over 5000 gamers to resub for this to become profitable. That's 5x the participation needed compared to a small MTX event, and this also relies on earning new or bringing returning subs - something considerably harder to perform than getting present users to devote a little extra.

In the end of the day, Jagex is a company, and if they wish to keep the lights on, then they can not manage to dump buckets of cash into material which does not earn revenue. I am not saying that this really is an excuse to never develop new content - on the contrary, they have to keep the userbase participated or else there will be nobody left to cover anything - but it does explain why monetized content appears to be prioritized and delivered more precisely than other articles. As for me, I quite like the direction they're leaning of bringing in certain permanent improvement with each event, even if this first one wasn't a huge success.

Good RuneScape gaming experience with participating and modern

Consistently pushing mtx to make short-term profits is precisely what has been the downfall of rs3 for a long time. That is also the primary reason the playerbase has been decreasing. Good gaming experience with participating and contemporary content buy RS3 gold greater participant count more long term gains. I truly liked how Steve Jobs put it on technology firms losing their innovation and actual product development when marketing and revenue takes over the guide.

¡eso es un giro!

Comentario

Anuncio

Contraer
    Ningún anuncio aún.

Enlace Patrocinado

Contraer
    Trabajando...
    X